March – The EPA GIS Workgroup held an annual GIS Workshop at the EPA campus in Research Triangle Park, NC. The workshop included training and technical talks on a wide variety of topics including the EPA GeoPlatform, desktop GIS, climate change, emergency response, advanced analysis and data visualization, and a track for geospatial application developers.
Five Innovate Team members delivered technical presentations or trainings, including:
- Steven Jett – Data Publishing Best Practices
- Barb Rosenbaum – NHDPlus V2 in the GeoPlatform
- Torrin Hultgren – Road Map for the Environmental Dataset Gateway and GitHub for GIS Professionals
- Frank Roberts – Tern Island Story Map
- Mark Murphy – Using ArcGIS Pro
In addition, seven team members participated actively in discussions, both in-person and remotely, including Claudia Benesch, Catherine Harness, Binfei Chen, Seth Mann, Suzanne Pierson, Mettja Kuna, and Phill Thomas.
Participants described the entire workshop as highly successful and singled out Innovate’s contributions as what they hope to see more of next year.