The Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation’s (CTUIR) GIS Program required technical support for implementation of a new server and upgrading of server software and in the implementation of Esri’s web adaptor for utilizing available security options. The goal of the project was to install, configure and upgrade ArcGIS Server and SQL server databases. The CTUIR GIS Program maintained four servers for administering an enterprise ArcGIS, managed 30 ArcGIS professional licenses, and hosted two SDE geodatabase libraries with 16 SQL databases. REST services were used to publish data from an SDE library for use in custom web mapping applications and ArcGIS Online account.
Innovate! optimized the server configuration for implementation of an ArcGIS enterprise solution for CTUIR. The server configuration included one server box hosting both SQL server and ArcGIS Server. Innovate! staff separated the SQL server and ArcGIS Server. The SQL server was transferred to a new server box and ArcGIS Server was installed on a virtual server. Innovate! implemented the new server configuration and transferred databases and upgraded ArcGIS 10.1 to 10.3. Innovate performed the following specific objectives:
- Migration of existing databases to preinstalled SQL server ensuring that security settings and views were maintained in the transfer.
- Installation of ArcGlS Server 10.3 software on a new virtual server. Ensured that permissions were set up and functioning, including the typical SA, SDE roles and utilization of active directory accounts for developing groups and managing permissions.
- Migration of existing SDE geodatabases to the new virtual server and upgrade from 10.1 to 10.3 geodatabase.
- Ensured that existing web mapping services were maintained and functioning following the server migration and upgrade.
- Provided support in the implementation of the web adapter installed on GIS-WEB02 server for developing security for published services. Ensured that existing security settings for web mapping services were maintained and functioning.
- Developed documentation describing the ArcGIS Server permissions, roles, and passwords. Developed a Visio diagram of ArcGIS Server configuration permissions and roles as well as diagram of optimal web service publishing for administration purposes.
- Developed a final report for recommendations and solutions for implementing and enterprise ArcGIS solution.
Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation